db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Problems subscribing to jdo wiki pages
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:00:10 GMT
Executive summary:
  To subscribe or unsubscribe to JDO wiki pages, the following
conditions must be met:
  1. Email support must be enabled for the JDO Wiki.
  2. Your email address must be set in UserPreferences
  3. You must enter Password and Password repeat in User Preferences
before saving Subscribed wiki pages.
  4. If subscribing via the envelope icon, you must be certain that you
are on the submit link and not another   overlapping link when clicking.
  I can find no independent way of verifying which wiki pages a user is
subscribed to.
support has enabled for this wiki, see HelpOnConfiguration/EmailSupport
<http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/HelpOnConfiguration/EmailSupport> for
details."  Is email support enabled for JDO Wiki?

2.  You must set your email address in UserPreferences before
subscribing to a page.

3. One way to subscribe is by editing the Subscribed wiki pages text box
in UserPreferences (click on your user name or the UserPreferences link
at the upper right of any page).  You may enter a page name or a regular
expression; .* (dot star) subscribes you to the entire JDO wiki.  I find
that changes to my user preferences are saved only if I enter both a
password and password repeat. This is in spite of the fact that the
UserPreferences page says that Password repeat is required only when
changing passwords and the HelpOnUserPreferences page says password is
not currently used, so leave it blank for now. Perhaps I'm having
trouble because I did NOT leave the password blank when I first registered?

4. You may also subscribe to a page by clicking the envelope icon at the
upper right under your user name.  If your window is not wide enough,
the icons may overlap with the text links at the top of the page.  So
when you think you clicked on the envelope, you may actually have
clicked on the MoinMoin link. The workaround is to click only when you
see http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/<pagename>?action=subscribe in the link
URL window.  Alternatively, widen your window so that the links no
longer overlap.

5. Unfortunately, I can find no way of discovering which pages a user is
subscribed to other than looking at the text box on your UserPreferences
page.  This is not very satisfying because the system accepts a bogus
page name without complaint.

Comments welcomed.

-- Michelle