db-general mailing list archives

From johnrock <johnpi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Can dbcp be used in Hibernate 3.3?
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 05:01:07 GMT

I am a newbie to Hibernate and very confused about how to Not use the default
Hibernate connection pool. Hibernate assures you that this pool should not
be used for Production. Great..I get it..its dinky. However, if I am using
Spring and Hibernate on simple old Tomcat 6 what is the best PRODUCTION
QUALITY way to implement my Hibernate connection pool?  I thought Apache
DBCP would suffice but it looks like Hibernate 3.3 no longer supports DBCP.
Is this true? There is no documentation about how to do this and the only
posts I found seem to be using
"org.hibernate.connection.DBCPConnectionProvider" which does not exist in
Hibernate 3.3 apparently. What should I be doing?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
John