db-general mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Broken links on DB project source page
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 19:13:01 GMT
> When looking into a code convention issue, I discovered that there are
> three broken links on the DB project source page at
> http://db.apache.org/source.html:
>
> 1) http://db.apache.org/turbine/branches.html ("Turbine")
> 2) http://db.apache.org/faqs.html ("FAQ page")
> 3) http://db.apache.org/jars.html ("Sun JARs", "JAR")
>
> Does anyone know what should be done about these links?
> Should they be removed or fixed?

Hi Kristian, thanks for looking at this.

I think it would be reasonable to:

1) Remove the sentence "See the FAQ page  for links to
subproject conventions." since that page does not exist.

2) Change the sentence "Any JAR committed to the Project's
repositories must be licensed for redistribution. BSD and MPL
style licenses are generally fine, but many Sun JARs  do
not permit redistribution." so that it doesn't use hyperlinks,
but just uses the words "JAR" and "Sun JARs" normally. I think
the sentence is sensible on its own and doesn't need the
hyperlinks.

3) Change the sentence "For example, Turbine has page on
the site that details the branches currently in use." to
replace "Turbine has page" with "Derby has a page", and to
change the hyperlink to point to
http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html since that
page seems to be a good example of a page which details
the branches currently in use.

thanks,

bryan