db-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Does the "who we are" page need to be updated?
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 05:55:13 GMT
On 8/1/06, David Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi, Bryan.  You actually need to change this page yourself, as a
> committer.  I did it a long time ago and can't remember the magic
> incantations, but I suspect Jean or Andrew can give you guidance.

The DB project web pages are maven-generated. As I understand it, you
need to set up maven (1.0.x), extract the source from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/site/ into a local directory, edit
the bits that need editing, and run 'maven site:deploy' in that
directory.

I was going to do it a couple of months ago, but I can't get maven to
cooperate with my machine. I'm sure it's user error in some regard,
but I'm not a regular maven user, and I haven't had time to track the
problem down.

> Is this information available on a web page somewhere, maybe in our Wiki?

It would be great if there were a wiki page on how to deploy the main
db site for non-maven users.

andrew