db-general mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Does the "who we are" page need to be updated?
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:36:22 GMT
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/site/README.txt
>
> which hopefully answers most of your questions. If not, feel free to ask. :-)
>
>     Best regards
>         Henning

Hi Henning, thanks very much for the help.

I've finally found time to work on this, and am making some good progress.

I've checked out the db/site module from subversion and I believe I've
updated the right files (project.xml and projects/derby/project.xml)

I've installed maven 2.0.4 and now I'm trying to figure out how to use it.

The first thing I tried was 'mvn --version', which seems to work fine.

Then I tried just running 'mvn' and it said

    [INFO] You must specify at least one goal. Try 'install'

Then I tried running 'mvn site', which was just a guess. It said:

    [INFO] Building Maven Default Project
    [INFO]    task-segment: [site]

which seems pretty good, but then it started downloading an apparently
infinite number of files off the internet. There was line after line like:

    Downloading:    http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/scm/maven-scm-provider-starteam
          /1.0-beta-3/maven-scm-provider-starteam-1.0-beta-3.jar
    50K downloaded
    Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/regexp/regexp/1.3/regexp-1.3.jar
    24K downloaded

I got alarmed after it appeared to have downloaded close to a hundred different
things because I didn't really understand why it was downloading all these files
and had I maybe installed it wrong? So I interrupted it.

Sorry for being such a clueless newbie, but can you tell from the above whether
I've got maven installed properly or not?

thanks,

bryan