db-general mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Does the "who we are" page need to be updated?
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:58:05 GMT
Uh, you need maven 1.0 for this. Sorry if I didn't say that in the first
place.

	Best regards
		Henning

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 08:36 -0700, Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/site/README.txt
> >
> > which hopefully answers most of your questions. If not, feel free to ask. :-)
> >
> >     Best regards
> >         Henning
>
> Hi Henning, thanks very much for the help.
>
> I've finally found time to work on this, and am making some good progress.
>
> I've checked out the db/site module from subversion and I believe I've
> updated the right files (project.xml and projects/derby/project.xml)
>
> I've installed maven 2.0.4 and now I'm trying to figure out how to use it.
>
> The first thing I tried was 'mvn --version', which seems to work fine.
>
> Then I tried just running 'mvn' and it said
>
>     [INFO] You must specify at least one goal. Try 'install'
>
> Then I tried running 'mvn site', which was just a guess. It said:
>
>     [INFO] Building Maven Default Project
>     [INFO]    task-segment: [site]
>
> which seems pretty good, but then it started downloading an apparently
> infinite number of files off the internet. There was line after line like:
>
>     Downloading:    http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/scm/maven-scm-provider-starteam
>           /1.0-beta-3/maven-scm-provider-starteam-1.0-beta-3.jar
>     50K downloaded
>     Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/regexp/regexp/1.3/regexp-1.3.jar
>     24K downloaded
>
> I got alarmed after it appeared to have downloaded close to a hundred different
> things because I didn't really understand why it was downloading all these files
> and had I maybe installed it wrong? So I interrupted it.
>
> Sorry for being such a clueless newbie, but can you tell from the above whether
> I've got maven installed properly or not?
>
> thanks,
>
> bryan

      RedHat Certified Engineer -- Jakarta Turbine Development
   Linux, Java, perl, Solaris -- Consulting, Training, Engineering

Social behaviour: Bavarians can be extremely egalitarian and folksy.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavaria
Most Franconians do not like to be called Bavarians.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franconia