db-general mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne ASF proposal
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 17:26:50 GMT
Having the DB PMC sponsor the proposal basically means the DB PMC is
taking responsibility and it will become a part of the DB Project --
which I don't think is quite what you want. I'm more than happy to
mentor, personally, but that is me speaking, not the DB PMC. The ways
of the incubator are more or less in slow flux as we figure out how
best to make it work.

If you want the DB PMC to sponsor the project I can bring a proposal
to the PMC, but I am not sure what it means to have the DB PMC
sponsor it and have the project intended to become a top level project.

Looking at the proposal, I would suggest a couple small changes:

* Change the requested cayenne-pmc mailing list to cayenne-ppmc
* Let's see if the DB PMC is willing to sponsor (I am just the chair)
before we make that part of the proposal =)

Bill, are you willing to help mentor? I ask as you initially
contacted us here =)

We may also want to take this discussion to general@incubator --
which gets a bit more traffic and probably where people can offer
more advice!

-Brian