db-general mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about site:deploy for db site
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 06:00:33 GMT

looking in the db site directory, I see something created by you
yessterday. On minotaur (people.apache.org):

-bash-2.05b$ ls -l /www/db.apache.org/db-site-1.0-site.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--  1 jta  db  212274 Sep  7 16:33

A wild guess of mine is that maven only asks for a password for uploading
the site, but not for extracting it on the remote site and deleting the
.tar.gz again.

What I did at the advice of Henning is to upload my ssh key to minotaur,
so that it does not ask for a password on ssh any more. You do this by
scp'ing your local .ssh/id_dsa.pub to .ssh/authorized_keys2 on minotaur.
Make sure the .ssh directory and the uploaded file can only be read and
written by yourself.

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> I'm looking at Henning's excellent instructions for building the db site (
> see http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/site/README.txt ).
> I'm a first time maven user. Running 'maven' in the root dir of the db site
> module works great, I can see the output produced and it's good, but I'm
> missing something wrt to site:deploy. It prompts for my password, which I
> provide, but it isn't accepted. I have tried these two variations:
>   maven -Dmaven.username=jta site:deploy
>   maven -Dmaven.username=jta site:sshdeploy
> I think I need to set up more information. Looking at
> http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/site/ , I think I need to set these
> properties as well:
>  pom.siteAddress  people.apache.org
>  pom.siteDirectory /www/db.apache.org
> Are these correct? And do I need any other properties?
> thanks!
> -jean

View raw message