db-general mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Question about site:deploy for db site
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 08:00:34 GMT
Hi,

what Maven version did you use? 1.0.2? Did you use it "out of the box"
or upgraded the plugins as described on the maven download page?

As Thomas already said, you should upload your ssh public key to
people.apache.org so that you are able to log on using the ssh agent and
no password.

I found a good explanation on how to do this at
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~england/ssh.html

	Best regards
		Henning

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 17:14 -0700, Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> I'm looking at Henning's excellent instructions for building the db site
> ( see http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/site/README.txt ).
>
> I'm a first time maven user. Running 'maven' in the root dir of the db
> site module works great, I can see the output produced and it's good,
> but I'm missing something wrt to site:deploy. It prompts for my
> password, which I provide, but it isn't accepted. I have tried these two
> variations:
>
>     maven -Dmaven.username=jta site:deploy
>     maven -Dmaven.username=jta site:sshdeploy
>
> I think I need to set up more information. Looking at
> http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/site/ , I think I need to set
> these properties as well:
>
>    pom.siteAddress  people.apache.org
>    pom.siteDirectory /www/db.apache.org
>
> Are these correct? And do I need any other properties?
>
> thanks!
>
>   -jean

      RedHat Certified Engineer -- Jakarta Turbine Development
   Linux, Java, perl, Solaris -- Consulting, Training, Engineering

                     4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42