db-general mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hello...
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 20:42:30 GMT
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Robert McIntosh wrote:

> I subscribed a couple of weeks ago and have yet to see a message, so I
> thought I would make sure I'm getting them!
>
> On another note, I am working on a persistence engine that I would love
> for apache to host, but at the moment I do not have the required 3
> commiters. However if anyone would like to join the love, here is some of
> the documentation I have been working on lately. It isn't complete and a
> tad bit scattered, but the rationale is there as well as some of the
> configuration stuff so anyone should be able to get a good idea of what is
> going on.
>
> http://www.bull-enterprises.com/aom
>
> In a nutshell, it is not just an O/R mapper, but a generic persistence
> engine that can be used as an O/R mapping tool. It's current state of
> development is that it is in one production application already, but I am
> going through a bit of a refactor to the mapping stuff (it is amazing what
> a real application will bring to light!), and working on more unit tests
> as I progress in that area.
>
> It currently uses several Commons projects such as JXPath, Jexl,
> BeanUtils, etc. some of which is documented on the site I listed. If
> anyone is interested let me know, otherwise I'll have to resort to
> sourceforge :-\

Speaking for myself only, I'm not sure db.apache.org is in a good position
to incubate projects composed largely or exclusivly of non-apache folks
right now.  You might want to consider <http://incubator.apache.org/> or
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons> as a better starting point (perhaps
eventually moving to a part of the db.apache project).  You could also do
worse than starting out at sourceforge and migrating to apache once you've
got a stronger community.