db-general mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [sql] move from commons sandbox to db or db-commons?
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2003 16:11:55 GMT

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Dec 20, 2003, at 1:53 AM, Henri Yandell wrote:
> > 2) Is there anything you need to do to get a vote to leave Jakarta
> > Commons
> > Sandbox? I'm not sure we can just view it as being in incubation and
> > now
> > having an exit strategy towards Db Commons.
> I would think that the important thing is the code - if the people
> working on it in sandbox want to pick up and move over there, they can.

So a sandbox component can move easily to a new place, but a released
component has to go through a longer process?

As I'm not a committer on sql or a user, I've no problem with [sql]
leaving, but want to make sure Matt isn't going to walk into some crisis
or other when [sql] leaves without a vote.

View raw message