db-general mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: mess Was: [sql] move from commons sandbox to db or db-commons?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:28:08 GMT

Answering:

1) I fail to really see this existing. There's very little bureaucracy and
I take my hat off to the creators of the community as with very little I
think things cling together well.

2) Yep. Does J-C get more mail than httpd? One idea I have to help this is
to have a commons-vote mailing list that user-developers can avoid. Unsure
if there's much else though.

3) Standard problem for moving anywhere. You'd have the same issue in
moving to DB Commons if it has similar concepts. As far as I know, you can
vote a project straight into Commons and not the Sandbox, but it has to
have a community and not just be one person's play-thing.

4) Solved now. Any Apache committer can get commit access. The
infrastructure parts of adding someone from outside Jakarta slows things
down a bit I think and people seem to persist in thinking that some kind
of vote is needed.

5) Agreed, and I'm increasingly loud on the subject :)

Hen