db-general mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [sql] move from commons sandbox to db or db-commons?
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:18:31 GMT
Rodney Waldhoff wrote:
> Specifically, I think what you'd want to do, just like you would at
> jakarta-commons, is submit a proposal based upon the example listed at
> <http://db.apache.org/commons/charter.html#Example%20Package%20Proposal>
> If we are unable to rouse a quorum of 3 developers on the db-commons list,
> the DB PMC could step in and name additional committers, likely
> including you, as an existing jakarta-commons committer.
> Assuming the other sql developers (if any, I haven't really dug into it)
> are in favor of moving to db-commons, I know I'd vote +1 (as a db-c
> committer).  Jason and James would make three, if they'd like.

Sounds good.  I'll write this up soon.

Unfortunately, I was not one of the primary developers of this
component, so I don't have the intricate knowledge that they have.  I've
become more of a user and maintainer who has an interest in seeing the
project promoted.  I am, however, interested in learning more about
the code and improving it, if possible.

Is there anyone else willing to be listed as a committer for this
component?  I'd appreciate it ;)

View raw message