db-general mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [sql] move from commons sandbox to db or db-commons?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:51:21 GMT
Rodney Waldhoff wrote:
> I think moving it to db-commons would be a good idea.  The tricky part
> there may be getting a quorum of developers to bootstrap the initiative.
> Past proposals on db-commons have died from a complete lack of activity,
> but that trend is probably reversable.

Before I started working on the project, I attempted to contact the
original authors to make sure it was ok.  I didn't get much of a
response, Daniel Rall was the only one who gave me the green light.  So,
if a move to db commons requires an active developer community, then it
may be a problem.

However, I think that [sql] is a very good project and deserves better
than to rot away in the Jakarta Commons Sandbox.  Hmm -- what would be
the best solution to this problem?  Who else do I need to contact?