db-general mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [sql] move from commons sandbox to db or db-commons?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 14:26:07 GMT
Thomas Mahler wrote:
> Sounds reasonable for me!
> But I don't know if we need any special procedure for such a move.
> I also don't know if it make sense to continue it as a sepearte project
> or if it should be incorporated into the torque project for instance?
>
> any thought how to proceed?

Well, since the code was originally in Torque, but then separated into
another project, I don't think it makes sense to put it back into
Torque.  It was moved into Jakarta Commons because it contains some
generally useful functionality.  But, I think it would be a better fit
in the DB Commons.

When I asked about a special procedure, I meant where to import the code
in CVS, and also any formal proposals or anything that I need to create.