db-general mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject [RESULT][VOTE][PROPOSAL] proposal for the axion database sub-project
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 23:32:09 GMT
With 4 binding +1s (Thomas Mahler, Rodney Waldhoff, John McNally, Geir
Magnusson), this proposal has been approved by a 3/4 majority of the DB
PMC, as required by <http://db.apache.org/newproject.html>

The next step, according to
<http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Entry+to+Incubation%0D%0A>,
is for the DB PMC to nominate one or more "mentors" for the incubation
process.  At least one of these mentors must be an ASF member, and then
forward all of this info to the incubator PMC for their approval.

If I remember correctly, Jason volunteered to act as this mentor at one
point (although I can't seem to find the email right now), but I think
he's currently mentoring another incubating project as well, so I don't
know if he still has the time/interest to take on another.  Failing that,
as I've mentioned before, both James and Morgan are active axion
committers and ASF members as well, if either of those folks wanted to
step up to the plate.  Otherwise the DB PMC will have to pick someone, I
suppose.

It is my hope and more or less my expectation that axion should move
through the incubator in a matter of weeks rather than months.  I should
hope it is largely a matter of ensuring any axion committers who aren't
already apache committers get a signed CLA on file, moving the cvs
repository over, and making sure everything has got an ASF licence on top.
I don't think "incubator mentor for axion" will be a long term
commitment, and shouldn't be too much work.  I'll be more than happy to
help push the process along.  As before, there is a basic work plan at
<http://axion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=689>.

--
- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>