db-general mailing list archives

From Mahler Thomas <thomas.mah...@itellium.com>
Subject RE: I've got this wierd Idea
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 16:04:23 GMT
Hi Karthik Kumar,

thanks for sharing your idea.
IMO your idea is simply a database application. You need some infrastructure
like a Webserver, or a WebDAV Server.
inside this this server you have some kind of Url interpreter that
translates the Urls into the appropriate database calls.

I think this yan be useful in many areas.

But I'm in doubt if db.apache.org. is the right place to host this kind of
We currently host *infrastructure level* components only.
That is db access libraries, o/r mapping tools and sonn also a complete java
based database engine (axion).

Your project is more on the *application level* compared to the existing

I'd suggest to start your project on sourceforge or another open source
incubator. If it gains some momentum we can switch over to Apache later.

just my 2 cent, what do the others say?

View raw message