db-general mailing list archives

From "Andrus Adamchik" <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: general inquiry
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:24:00 GMT
You may want to look at Cayenne ORM:

   http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/

> 1. I have atleast two databases which I wish to
> communicate with. That requires DB queries
> crossing between tables or even databases.

Cayenne allows to have multiple databases used transparently. It will
figure out where to send each query behind the scenes.

> 4. As I may have say 10 users at a time logged on
> each of them returning 2000 rows each = 20,000.

Cayenne has a feature that we successfully used at http://www.nhl.com/ -
paginated results, when the list returned is being resolved "lazily"
addressing performance and stale data issues:

http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/perform/paged-queries.html

Cheers,
Andrus Adamchik