db-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: general inquiry
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:11:17 GMT
Hi Thomas,

On Tuesday, October 14, 2003, at 01:36  AM, Thomas Mahler wrote:

> Hi Andrus,
>
> Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> You may want to look at Cayenne ORM:
>>    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/
>

> May I ask why you recommend Cayenne instead of the db.apache.org
> frameworks?
> db-ojb has everything (incl paging) that Jini is asking for.
> I have no problems if users are pointed to other solutions if there
> are any limitations in our software that are dealt with in other
> products.
> But I don't see such problems in this case.

I am sure OJB does what you say.  It is just that I can't recommend
something I know very little about :-). On the other hand, having lots
of experience with Cayenne, I have confidence in recommending it for
any ORM project. True - it is not Apache related (other than the
license style), but well, this is "general" list after all.

Cheers,
Andrus Adamchik