db-general mailing list archives

From jini us <jiniu...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject general inquiry
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:13:02 GMT
Hi,

I am looking to write a web application/(servlet/JSP)
 and I have the following requirements.

1. I have atleast two databases which I wish to
communicate with. That requires DB queries
crossing between tables or even databases.

2. When selecting rows I may have say 100 rows
returned
probably over 2000 but I wish to display twenty at a
time.

3. With point two I am worried that I may be
displaying stale data.

4. As I may have say 10 users at a time logged on
each of them returning 2000 rows each = 20,000.

I intend to use struts frame work for session control
between users.

Is this db the right framework for me if not which
framework is most useful for me ?