db-general mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: simple-jndi
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:44:04 GMT

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, James Strachan wrote:

> From: "Henri Yandell" <bayard@generationjava.com>
> > It has some functionality clash with Jakarta Commons Configuration, but is
> > also useful in DB code [I originally planned it for DBUtils].
> >
> > If it's thought to have db.apache.org scope, then I'm happy to submit it.
>
> Henri, why don't you try using the full JNDI implementation thats been
> heavily used & part of Tomcat?

Couple of reasons. I'm having fun coding from scratch [and sometimes it's
nicer to scratch the itch than it is to do the 'right' thing which ends up
feeling like a job]. But mainly my gut just doesn't feel that the tomcat
JNDI would be amenable to the things I'd like to have in simple-jndi.

> It would be nice to refactor this into a Jakarta Commons project :)

However, I will look into doing this. It'll help me learn more about jndi
and also take me into the wonderful world of building tomcat.