db-general mailing list archives

From Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org>
Subject Re: separate torque generator
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:08:31 GMT

I updated that page a bit with some of my ideas on OQL and object
factories...

Also, I started to check out the decoupled torque generator... I managed
  to build the JAR file, but I have some questions:
* docs mention build-torque.xml Ant script, but i cannot seem to find it
from anywhere... (I have the old version, but I would like to get a
newer copy...)
* OJB generator has a bunch of templates like these:
Control.vm
ExtensionInterface.vm
ExtensionObject.vm
ExtensionProxyInterface.vm
Interface.vm
Object.vm
ProxyInterface.vm

What are they all used for?
I understand that I would probably like to generate an interface and a
simple implementation (and possibly an extension to both of these), but
what are the rest (proxy stuff)?

Also, I would like to be more in control over the resulting class names.
Right now it generates something along the lines:
     ${basePrefix}${table.JavaName}Interface

I would be interested in making this a configurable pattern that could
use variable substitution on the fly.

So, instead of
com.acme.om.BaseUser (base class)
com.acme.om.User (extension class)
com.acme.om.BaseUserInterface (base interface)
com.acme.om.UserInterface (extension interface)

I could have for example this:
com.acme.om.base.UserImpl (base class)
com.acme.om.UserImpl (extension class)
com.acme.om.base.User (base interface)