db-general mailing list archives

From Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org>
Subject Re: separate torque generator
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:58:56 GMT

ok, moving this to general@db.apache.org.

No code yet, but once Torque generator has been decoupled, then it
should be quite easy to implement what I have in mind.
And as I'm more familiar with Torque codebase (I have some 5-6 EJB
applications in production with a patched version of Torque) it should
be quite straightforward.

I'm especially interested in writing some migration tools for:
torque -> ojb/pb
torque -> hibernate
torque -> CMP entity beans 2.x
+ lower priority:
torque -> ojb/jdo
torque -> ojb/odmg

Why am I migrating away? Well, the static way of handling things (like
Torque does currently) is causing me headaches in EJB world... And I
have learned to prefer to keep my persistent bean classes as lightweight
as possible...

As I really need this for my day job, I'm very much willing to write
some implementation real soon.

Rgds,
Neeme

Martin Poeschl ::