db-general mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject [RFC] Draft DB Commons Proposal
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 20:43:49 GMT
I think some of the recent discussion on the jakarta-commons list about
which specific commons components to move to a db-commons subprojects is
getting a little bit ahead of ourselves.

As previously discussed here, I've adapated the Jakarta Commons
charter/proposal in order to create a DB Commons charter/proposal.  You
can find the HTML rendering at
 <http://apache.org/~rwaldhoff/db-commons/charter.html>.
The difference between this and the original is largely (a) I removed the
Java specific language and guidelines, (b) I removed the jakarta-commons
guidelines that have been entirely or largely ignored, (c) I collapsed
portions of the FAQ and Resources section of the jakarta-commons document
directly into the Guidelines section.

I don't think there are any real suprises in that document, but please
take a careful look.

I'd like to address the comments, suggestions or objections anyone here
may have, and then propose this to the PMC.

Thanks,
 - Rod