db-general mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: db commons
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 10:20:42 GMT
From: "Jason van Zyl" <jason@zenplex.com>
> On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 18:09, Rodney Waldhoff wrote:
> > I'm +1, but I think we should write up a true proposal/charter first.
I'd
> > be happy with the jakarta-commons charter with /s/Jakarta/DB, and a
little
> > unhappy with what seems to be the consensus guidelines for the
> > apache-commons project, but if I'm in the minority I guess I could run
> > with whatever the committers are willing to commit to.
>
> Yah, I'm happy with the jakarta guidelines too. I'm not really into the
> consensus guidelines either.

+1

Incidentally I think I'd like to split up the commons-sql project into the
SQL model, tools & generation stuff and a seperate dynasql project.
Basically there's a DynaBean based API to access, insert, update, delete and
query relational data. Its pretty simple right now but very useful. It'd be
nice to give it a bit of visibility and maybe even extend it some to be as
functional as the .Net DataSet stuff (which its not far off already).

So having a small, focussed set of db-commons tools seems a good idea to me.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/