db-general mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: separate torque generator
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:15:32 GMT
From: "Neeme Praks" <neeme@apache.org>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev%40jakarta.apache.org/msg17116.html
>
> No reaction on commons-dev....

Despite the lack of reaction, I'm +1 on such a thing.

It should be pretty trivial to get started too - just populate the existing
commons-sql beans into Jelly or Velocity and implement the code generation
that way. I've already got a had-crafted version of this on a project (that
generatest beans & OJB mappings file) that I've been hoping to get the
cycles to rip out and add to commons-sql. But really all it does is use the
commons-sql model to code generate some Java code - much like Torque does -
but in a generic way so that code for any persistence mechanism can be
generated.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/