db-general mailing list archives

From "Rodney Waldhoff" <rw...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Hello
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 19:18:31 GMT
Geir wrote:

>You don't get it - Poolman has a huge user base.

No, I'm pretty sure I get it.  I think you're misunderstanding me.

As I just wrote:

> > I've consistently maintained that my database > pool concerns are:
> >
> > 1. That it provide a mechanism for "pluggable" > pooling algorithms
>(ideally based upon a generic > pooling mechanism)
> > > 2. That is support PreparedStatement pooling
> > > Other than that, I don't much care what the > implmentation is, where
>it comes from, or who > wrote it.

Poolman meets the second of these criteria, as I understand it. So if we can
make is support the first (and get an ASF-style license), I'm all over it.
Make it fully-JDBC compliant, and I suspect Mr. McNally will be on board
too.

JDBC is JDBC.  The switching cost between one pool implementation and
another is trivial.  That means I'm willing to switch to whatever as long as
it addresses my concerns.  I suspect most users (corporate or otherwise)
feel the same way.