db-general mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: Hello
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 17:32:47 GMT
On 5/9/02 10:52 AM, "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver@apache.org> wrote:

> Ignacio J. Ortega wrote:

You make it look like a package structure.

> Its kinda hard to find things on Jakarta.  Could be even worse with a
> more widely scoped project.

It's actually more closely scoped - Jakarta is anything that is server-side
Java.  With "db", the point is to focus on a specific problem area, data
access, persistence and such, and bring tools together related to that with
a community of people experienced and interested in that area.

Geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.