db-general mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: Hello
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 14:19:43 GMT
On 5/9/02 9:02 AM, "Jim Menard" <jimm@io.com> wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. writes:
>> On 5/9/02 6:02 AM, "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes.  The traffic comes and goes.  Lets start putting together a
>>> proposal.  Anyone here with previous top level project experience?
>>>
>> Hang on, it's coming.
>
> Hi, Geir! (We met a few months ago in Westport about your work in
> Stamford.)

Hey Jim!  I was thinking about you and this.  Glad you are lurking around.
Do you have any stuff in Ruby?  We want to cement the multi-language idea...
:)

To all : I met Jim through one of my professional projects.  You'll learn
he's a smart guy despite the fact he still uses a Newton.  I'm really
serious - we were at a meeting and he pulled it out to take notes.

Jim : the Smithsonian called - they want it back...

> I just joined this group and have been lurking for a few days, trying to
> figure out what the group is about. I'm the author of DataVision
> (http://datavision.sourceforge.net), an Open Source project released under
> the Apache license.

This is exactly the kind of thing we had in mind for commons - small, to the
point, and usable within some of the larger projects as dependencies.  I'll
put it on 'the list' if you are interested.  I suspect that there is some
interest since you mentioned it.

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.