db-general mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Invitation to discuss new db-related Apache project
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 12:08:37 GMT
Dear Xindice community :

I apologize for the impersonal message, but I am not familiar with anyone on
the Xindice project.

We are exploring the creation of a new Apache project, a peer to XML and
Jakarta, focused on data persistence and related technology, and would like
to invite the xindice community to participate in the discussion.  The goal
is to discover if the xindice community would like to move to join the new
project.

Currently, we are looking at a core set of projects :

1) OJB : ObjectRelationalBridge, currently at sourceforge
2) Poolman : popular Java database connection pool, currently at sourceforce
3) Torque : persistence layer from the Jakarta Turbine project
4) Xindice : if y'all want :)
5) Commons : modeled after Jakarta commons, a place for 'component' and
smaller projects, plus a sandbox incubator

The charter would be language and spec agnostic.

I won't continue further here with more description and discussion - please
join us on the new db@apache.org discussion list.

geir

System and Software Consulting

Uncertainty breeds confusion and confusion breeds despair. - Ceki Gulcu