db-general mailing list archives

From "Ignacio J. Ortega" <na...@siapi.es>
Subject RE: Hello
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 14:37:21 GMT

The charter shouldnt be restricted in any way, so why restrict the
db/root level to server-side stuff?

Another point is that sides are now fuzzy, and need to be rethink, a
JDBC driver is,  from the db point of view, a Client tool, so a Pool
impl, So a report engine.., real server side when talking about db's, is
postgre i.e..

Another nice addition to the starter set in the db could be
commons-dbcp..

So we could start having to competing projects, poolman and dbcp, choice
is good ;)

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega