db-general mailing list archives

From Ellis Teer <ellisteer_box8...@sitepen.com>
Subject Re: scope? purpose? rationale?
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 23:56:40 GMT
Kicking up conversation,

Would db's scope also include projects for:

data caching layers?

database load balancing?

data transform?

How many layers between the application server space and the data server
space will the project occupy?  What about client GUI's to manipulate
data structures?

Is db all things database related?  That seems like a big space and
likely to have a lot of overlap with technology based apache projects
like xml and jakarta.

BTW - I do like the idea of Apache having a 'db' project.

-Ellis Teer
www.sitepen.com