db-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hello
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 14:52:15 GMT
Ignacio J. Ortega wrote:

> [...]
Oh man...  Okay I mean GUI stuff.  There are a million bazillion gui
tools for databases.  I think there should be some orthogonality to it
so that if I want a JDBC driver I can actually find it.  The scope of
this project is in a way larger than Jakarta's so it could
grow...unsightly without some orthagonallity to it.

maybe do away with root level entirely

db.apache.org/drivers/jdbc/MyProject
db.apache.org/dbms/PostgreSQL
db.apache.org/orm/MyORMappingTool

But maybe I'm just tired.

Its kinda hard to find things on Jakarta.  Could be even worse with a
more widely scoped project.

-Andy