db-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: test
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 18:55:06 GMT
Daniel Rall wrote:

>"Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirm@adeptra.com> writes:
>
>>I am hoping that we focus on things that *aren't* out there already
>>- as I think we can provide the most benefit to the most people by
>>bringing to gether
>>

>Database diagramming tools would be useful.  Something like
>Argo/SQL...

Only good.  ArgoUML could use a dear friend who loves it very much.  We
started out using it on POI, but it was more frustrating then useful.
 Some of the early work started out as UML, but the diagrams were
greatly influenced by Argo's limitations.  Finally we gave up entirely
for lack of a decent UML tool that didn't cost $3k and we felt it should
support some manner of open file format for the sake of collaboration.

-Andy