db-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OODBs
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 16:19:04 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:

>FYI: I spent four years of my life reimplimenting an application on top of
>an OODB.  Then two years porting the result back to an RDB.  Needless to
>say that by that point in time, the product I was working on was no longer
>relevant.  Just a data point.
>
>- Sam Ruby

Case in point that there is not yet an adequate OODB.

Of course I've heard similar stories to yours sam about Java, UNIX, NT,
and just about any technology I've worked in.  I'd like some more
specifics sometime on what exactly the problems were if you have the time.

So far the only OODBs I've worked on weren't really OODBs.

-Andy