db-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: test
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 23:26:39 GMT
I think our goal here is to discuss the proposal for creating a
db.apache.org etc.  So far most are still discussing this on
general@jakarta.apache.org --

I'd like to see a couple of solid apache projects for a db.apache.org

1. An httpdish answer to databases --  it would be a bit boring
granted... but So far its MySQL, PostgreSQL or proprietary.  Seems there
may be more room here then one might thing.  BE interested to see some
Apache pee go in M$ and Oracle's Sanka.

2. An httpdish answer to Object Oriented Databases - this would be the
more interesting thing

3. all those blasted OR mapping tools

4. Java databases and JDBC drivers

Thoughts anyone?