db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Tim Dudgeon <tdudg...@informaticsmatters.com>
Subject Re: trigger with cascade delete problem
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 17:31:11 GMT
Hi Rick,

So much as I expected. Its probably not a bug, and working exactly as
planned.

So my question is how to get the behaviour I want!
I can't use a BEFORE trigger as that doesn't let me delete rows (which
is my real use case - the example is a gross simplification).
I need to do a join to get the data I need, but the join depends on
something that has just been deleted because this is an ON DELETE triger.

Tim