db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Tim Dudgeon <tdudg...@informaticsmatters.com>
Subject Re: trigger with cascade delete problem
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 14:48:17 GMT
> Hi Tim,
>
> I'm sure I don't understand the complexity of your problem. But it
> sounds as though there may be tuples in MAIN with null foreign keys and
> somehow these are involved in the aggregation function. Often the
> solution to a "missing join" problem is to use a left join rather than
> an inner join.
>
> Hope this helps,
> -Rick

No, the data is good. No missing keys. Inner join gets everything.

I *think* its because is a cascade delete,
Should the cascade delete and the firing of the trigger all happen in
the same transaction and see the "deleted" row in GROUPING that caused
the cascasde deltete? It looks like it doesn't

Tim