db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Chris Olver <chris.ol...@3plearning.com>
Subject Apache Derby - Locks up.
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 08:42:24 GMT
Hi,

We are looking to use Apache Derby (Network Server) as a Caching Layer for our ETL process.
Unfortunately we are finding that it locks up quite frequently. We have two tables which have
around 10 million rows, two indexes in each. We can be reading (straight SELECT * FROM) or
writing updates when it happens.

CPU will spike to 100% (its on a rather powerful box) and then all existing and new JDBC clients
are unable to connect. Running runtimeinfo (when it locks up, issuing this command can take
a few minutes to get a response):