db-derby-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Frank Rivera <frank.riv...@HoudiniESQ.com>
Subject Re: --DERBY-PROPERTIES throws error if Where clause follows
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 14:31:54 GMT

Try adding a where clues after the --DERBY-PROPERTIES index = ATTACHMENT_LINKNAMES_INDEX and
you will get the error!

> SELECT
> esq.attachment.guid,  esq.attachment.file_name
> FROM
> esq.attachment
> --DERBY-PROPERTIES index = ATTACHMENT_LINKNAMES_INDEX
> WHERE esq.attachment.dtg>0;


Invalid Properties list in FROM list.  There is no index 'ATTACHMENT_LINKNAMES_INDEX WHERE
esq.attachment.dtg>0' on table 'ATTACHMENT'.

Sincerely,

 	Frank Rivera
	LogicBit Software - Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
		
		
	
Product Brochures 	http://houdiniesq.com/HoudiniEsq_2014BrochureProduct.pdf
Product Testimonials	http://houdiniesq.com/HoudiniEsq_2014BrochureShow.pdf

  Support  919.238.7024	Corporate  408.213.8138	Sales  888.366.2280

  HoudiniEsq ®	Legal Practice Management Suite		http://HoudiniEsq.com        
 
  Feature Rich web-based Legal Practice Management for today's cutting edge Law Firms
  Any Browser, Any OS, Anytime, Anywhere, Any size organization, SaaS or On-premise     

Simple & Simplicity are not the same thing. "Simple", as it turns out, simply isn't good
enough.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTICE: The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of
this message which arise as 
a result of e-mail transmission.  This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and are intended solely for 
the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. It is not an offer or acceptance,
and it is not intended to 
be all or part of an agreement.  This communication may contain material protected by the
attorney-client privilege.  
Original material created by the author may be protected by US Copyright law, 17 U.S.C. §
101 et seq. This communication 
constitutes an electronic communication within the meaning of the Electronic Communications
Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 
§ 2510, and its disclosure is strictly limited to the recipient intended by the sender of
this message.   If you are not the 
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient,
be advised that you have 
received this e-mail in error and that any review, use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
or copying of this e-mail is strictly 
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete this email. 

On Apr 17, 2014, at 11:50 AM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi Frank,
> 
> Qualifying column names with the esq schema does not affect my results. The following
script runs fine for me:
> 
> connect 'jdbc:derby:memory:db;create=true';
> 
> create schema esq;
> set schema esq;
> create table attachment( guid int, file_name varchar( 10 ) );
> create index ATTACHMENT_LINKNAMES_INDEX on attachment( guid, file_name );
> 
> SELECT
> esq.attachment.guid,  esq.attachment.file_name
> FROM
> esq.attachment
> --DERBY-PROPERTIES index = ATTACHMENT_LINKNAMES_INDEX
> ;
> 
> Hope this helps,
> -Rick
> 
> On 4/17/14 8:24 AM, Frank Rivera wrote:
>> Will do.
>> 
>> We implicitly use the schema “*esq*” (not the the name matters) in all column
names and in the from clause e.g. “FROM *esq.*attachment”. Can you try it this way just
to be sure I’m not crazy. We also use the schema when creating the index on the table. BTW
10.10.1.1 is what we are using. I see I typed it wrong in last email.
>> 
>> Sincerely,
>> 
>> Frank Rivera
>> LogicBit Software - Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
>> 
>> Product Brochures http://houdiniesq.com/HoudiniEsq_2014BrochureProduct.pdf
>> Product Testimonialshttp://houdiniesq.com/HoudiniEsq_2014BrochureShow.pdf
>> 
>>  Support  919.238.7024Corporate  408.213.8138Sales  888.366.2280
>> 
>> ***HoudiniEsq ® Legal Practice Management Suite *http://HoudiniEsq.com <http://houdiniesq.com/>
>> 
>>  Feature Rich web-based Legal Practice Management for today's cutting edge Law Firms
>>  Any Browser, Any OS, Anytime, Anywhere, Any size organization, SaaS or On-premise
>> 
>> Simple & Simplicity are not the same thing. *"Simple", as it turns out, simply
isn't good enough.*
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> *NOTICE*: The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the
contents of this message which arise as
>> a result of e-mail transmission.  This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and are intended solely for
>> the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. It is not an offer
or acceptance, and it is not intended to
>> be all or part of an agreement.  This communication may contain material protected
by the attorney-client privilege.
>> Original material created by the author may be protected by US Copyright law, 17
U.S.C. § 101 et seq. This communication
>> constitutes an electronic communication within the meaning of the Electronic Communications
Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.
>> § 2510, and its disclosure is strictly limited to the recipient intended by the
sender of this message.   If you are not the
>> intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have
>> received this e-mail in error and that any review, use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly
>> prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete this email.
>> 
>> On Apr 17, 2014, at 10:14 AM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com <mailto:rick.hillegas@oracle.com>>
wrote:
>> 
>>> Hi Frank,
>>> 
>>> I am unable to reproduce the problem you are seeing when I run the following
script using Derby 10.10.1.1:
>>> 
>>> connect 'jdbc:derby:memory:db;create=true';
>>> 
>>> create table attachment( guid int, file_name varchar( 10 ) );
>>> create index ATTACHMENT_LINKNAMES_INDEX on attachment( guid, file_name );
>>> 
>>> SELECT
>>> attachment.guid,  attachment.file_name
>>> FROM
>>> attachment
>>> --DERBY-PROPERTIES index = ATTACHMENT_LINKNAMES_INDEX
>>> ;
>>> 
>>> 
>>> The error message you're seeing is raised by the parser. I have extracted the
relevant method from the 10.10.2.0 parser into the attached zzz.java program. I am unable
to reproduce the problem you're seeing when I run that program on your text. Try setting the
PROPS field in that program equal to what follows "--DERBY-PROPERTIES" in your query and see
if you can tickle the program into failing.
>>> 
>>> Hope this helps,
>>> -Rick
>>> 
>>> On 4/11/14 9:33 AM, Frank Rivera wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> We have a simple query using LIKE but is very slow.
>>>> We need to tell the optimizer which index to use but the override DERBY-PROPERTIES
statement returns the following error.
>>>> 
>>>> *Invalid syntax for optimizer overrides. *The syntax should be -- DERBY-PROPERTIES
propertyName = value [, propertyName = value]*
>>>> 
>>>> Here is the SQL. The index does exist.
>>>> 
>>>> *SELECT *
>>>> esq.attachment.guid, esq.attachment.file_name
>>>> *FROM *
>>>> esq.attachment
>>>> *--DERBY-PROPERTIES *index = ATTACHMENT_LINKNAMES_INDEX
>>>> *where
>>>> *(
>>>> esq.attachment.file_name  LIKE ‘%drisco%'
>>>>  OR esq.attachment.file_index_name  LIKE ‘%drisco%'
>>>> )
>>>> AND
>>>> (
>>>>       esq.attachment.link_guid IS NOT NULL
>>>>       AND
>>>>       esq.attachment.link_table='mat'
>>>>       AND
>>>>       esq.attachment.link_guid IN (
>>>>               SELECT esq.matter.guid
>>>>               FROM esq.matter
>>>>               WHERE
>>>>               esq.matter.guid=esq.attachment.link_guid
>>>>               AND (
>>>> ( esq.matter.grp_guid=0 OR esq.matter.grp_guid IS NULL ) OR ( esq.matter.grp_guid>0
AND esq.matter.grp_guid IN ( 2,1,6,4,3 ) )
>>>> )
>>>> 
>>>>       )
>>>> ) ;
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> Sincerely,
>>>> 
>>>> Frank Rivera
>>>> LogicBit Software - Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
>>>> 
>>>> Product Brochures http://houdiniesq.com/HoudiniEsq_2014BrochureProduct.pdf
>>>> Product Testimonialshttp://houdiniesq.com/HoudiniEsq_2014BrochureShow.pdf
>>>> 
>>>> Support  919.238.7024Corporate  408.213.8138Sales  888.366.2280
>>>> 
>>>> ***HoudiniEsq ® Legal Practice Management Suite *http://HoudiniEsq.com <http://houdiniesq.com/>
>>>> 
>>>> Feature Rich web-based Legal Practice Management for today's cutting edge
Law Firms
>>>> Any Browser, Any OS, Anytime, Anywhere, Any size organization, SaaS or On-premise
>>>> 
>>>> Simple & Simplicity are not the same thing. *"Simple", as it turns out,
simply isn't good enough.*
>>>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> *NOTICE*: The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions
in the contents of this message which arise as
>>>> a result of e-mail transmission.  This e-mail and any files transmitted with
it are confidential and are intended solely for
>>>> the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. It is not
an offer or acceptance, and it is not intended to
>>>> be all or part of an agreement.  This communication may contain material
protected by the attorney-client privilege.
>>>> Original material created by the author may be protected by US Copyright
law, 17 U.S.C. § 101 et seq. This communication
>>>> constitutes an electronic communication within the meaning of the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.
>>>> § 2510, and its disclosure is strictly limited to the recipient intended
by the sender of this message.   If you are not the
>>>> intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to
the intended recipient, be advised that you have
>>>> received this e-mail in error and that any review, use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly
>>>> prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this email.
>>>> 
>>> 
>>> <zzz.java>


Mime
View raw message