db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Frank Rivera <frank.riv...@HoudiniESQ.com>
Subject DERBY-PROPERTIES throws error!!!
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:30:07 GMT
We have a simple query using LIKE but it is very slowwwwwww.
We need to tell the optimizer which index to use but the override DERBY-PROPERTIES statement
returns the following error. The index exist. I don’t think prepending the index name with
the schema is required. “unqualified” should work. In either case same error.

Derby 10.1.1

Invalid syntax for optimizer overrides. The syntax should be -- DERBY-PROPERTIES propertyName
= value [, propertyName = value]*

Here is the SQL. The index does exist.

SELECT
esq.attachment.guid, esq.attachment.file_name
FROM
esq.attachment
--DERBY-PROPERTIES index = ATTACHMENT_LINKNAMES_INDEX
where
(
 	esq.attachment.file_name  LIKE ‘%drisco%'
   OR esq.attachment.file_index_name  LIKE ‘%drisco%'
)
AND
(
        esq.attachment.link_guid IS NOT NULL
        AND
        esq.attachment.link_table='mat'
        AND
        esq.attachment.link_guid IN (
                SELECT esq.matter.guid
                FROM esq.matter
                WHERE
                esq.matter.guid=esq.attachment.link_guid
                AND (
				( esq.matter.grp_guid=0 OR esq.matter.grp_guid IS NULL ) OR ( esq.matter.grp_guid>0
AND esq.matter.grp_guid IN ( 2,1,6,4,3 ) )
			)

        )
) ;

Sincerely,

 	Frank Rivera
	LogicBit Software - Research Triangle Park, North Carolina