db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dyre Tjeldvoll <Dyre.Tjeldv...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Best way to have a DB browser in your destop app
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2014 18:12:44 GMT

On 18. apr. 2014, at 09:08, Chux <chux18@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I have a desktop app using Java FX and so I have Derby as embedded DB.
> These builds I deploy to my clients.
>
> I need however a little tool to somehow access the embedded database for
> viewing, and maybe some on-the-fly modifications.
>
> When the FX app is up and running the DB is locked to it. So my option is
> to include a built in DB manager tool inside the app.
>
> So I was wondering if you know any java-based database viewers that I can
> import and use inside my app?

Nope. But if you don’t need a fancy interface for your maintenance work you could embed
a NetworkServer in your app and then use ij to connect with the client driver. This is as
simple as setting a property when starting your app… don’t remember the name of the property,
but it is in the docs…

Regards,

Dyre