db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John English <john.fore...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CREATE TABLE lexical error
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2014 15:47:16 GMT
On 19/04/2014 18:18, Patrick Meyer wrote:
> Thanks John. Yes, I was cutting and pasting from Notepad, but I was doing that
> for all four lines. I don't understand why it worked for some lines but not others.
>
> Nevertheless,  the cutting and pasting is not my real problem. I created these
> four statements to reproduce a problem I encountered with my program. I get the
> same lexical error when my program obtains the column names from a delimited
> text file. This error only occurs with some (actually, very few) files and I
> cannot figure out why. Any ideas why?

What are you using to create these files? Presumably whatever created the files
for you decided you would like some extra line breaks that you didn't ask for
(like all the too-clever-by-half autocorrections that MS Office wants to do if
you give it a chance). You could always try using something like "od -cx" or a
hex editor to see what the file really contains.

Good luck,
--
John English