db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: --DERBY-PROPERTIES throws error
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 14:14:41 GMT
Hi Frank,

I am unable to reproduce the problem you are seeing when I run the
following script using Derby 10.10.1.1:

connect 'jdbc:derby:memory:db;create=true';

create table attachment( guid int, file_name varchar( 10 ) );
create index ATTACHMENT_LINKNAMES_INDEX on attachment( guid, file_name );

SELECT
attachment.guid,  attachment.file_name
FROM
attachment
--DERBY-PROPERTIES index = ATTACHMENT_LINKNAMES_INDEX
;

The error message you're seeing is raised by the parser. I have
extracted the relevant method from the 10.10.2.0 parser into the
attached zzz.java program. I am unable to reproduce the problem you're
seeing when I run that program on your text. Try setting the PROPS field
in that program equal to what follows "--DERBY-PROPERTIES" in your query
and see if you can tickle the program into failing.

Hope this helps,
-Rick