db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Frank Rivera <frank.riv...@HoudiniESQ.com>
Subject Re: When to shut down a database
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 16:16:29 GMT
BTW the error is this

Invalid syntax for optimizer overrides. The syntax should be -- DERBY-PROPERTIES propertyName
= value [, propertyName = value]*

Sincerely,

 	Frank Rivera
	LogicBit Software - Research Triangle Park, North Carolina

On Apr 11, 2014, at 12:15 PM, Frank Rivera <frank.rivera@HOUDINIESQ.COM> wrote:

> We have a simple query using LIKE but is very slow. We need to tell the optimizer which
index to use but the override DERBY-PROPERTIES statement returns an error. here is the SQL.

> SELECT
> esq.attachment.guid
> FROM
> esq.attachment
> --DERBY-PROPERTIES index = ATTACHMENT_LINKNAMES_INDEX
> where
> (
>  	esq.attachment.file_name  LIKE ‘%drisco%'
>    OR esq.attachment.file_index_name  LIKE ‘%drisco%'
> )
> AND
> (
>         esq.attachment.link_guid IS NOT NULL
>         AND
>         esq.attachment.link_table='mat'
>         AND
>         esq.attachment.link_guid IN (
>                 SELECT esq.matter.guid
>                 FROM esq.matter
>                 WHERE
>                 esq.matter.guid=esq.attachment.link_guid
>                 AND (
> 				( esq.matter.grp_guid=0 OR esq.matter.grp_guid IS NULL ) OR ( esq.matter.grp_guid>0
AND esq.matter.grp_guid IN ( 2,1,6,4,3 ) )