db-derby-user mailing list archives

From George Toma <toma.georg...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: When to shut down a database
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2014 19:02:12 GMT
Hi Chux,

In my opinion  the example from  app.  referred at commit the transaction OR close the
connection ( a connection could be transacted too ), and not to shutdown the db. If the business
rule specifies that the db. needs to be shutdown when the app. is shutdown, then so be it.

Normally the db is not shutdown, not even when the app is down.

Cheers,
George