db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Haynes, Peter" <peter.hay...@parivedasolutions.com>
Subject RE: data synchronization with no network
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 23:57:03 GMT
We have attempted this with a several different variations. We have not been able to make it
work. Has anyone successfully synced data with a  client by manually shipping logs?

Peter Haynes
Pariveda Solutions
24 East Greenway Plaza | Suite 1717 | Houston, Texas 77046
(M) 713.408.8072 | (F) 713.520.4290
The Business of IT(r)
www.parivedasolutions.com<http://www.parivedasolutions.com/>

From: Bergquist, Brett [mailto:BBergquist@canoga.com]
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 1:41 PM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: RE: data synchronization with no network

What about using the database backup with roll-forward recovery?

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.10/adminguide/index.html

I am not sure if this would work if one were to transfer a copy of the database to a slave
and enable log archival mode and then periodically transport the archived logs to the slave
and on the slave do a roll-forward recovery?