db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Peter Ondruška <peter.ondru...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: DERBY_OPTS/DERBY_CMD_LINE_ARGS is there anywhere a list
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2014 10:31:08 GMT
On my Windows I start Derby network server like this:

set DROPBOX=%USERPROFILE%\Dropbox
set PATH=%DROPBOX%\derby\bin;%PATH%
set DERBY_OPTS=-Xms256m -Xmx256m
set DERBY_OPTS=-Dderby.storage.pageCacheSize=4096 %DERBY_OPTS%

set DERBY_OPTS=-Djava.security.manager %DERBY_OPTS%
set DERBY_OPTS=-Djava.security.policy=%DROPBOX%\config\derby.policy %DERBY_OPTS%
set DERBY_OPTS=-Dderby.system.home=C:\TEMP %DERBY_OPTS%
start "Derby server" startNetworkServer

Peter

> On 26 Feb 2014, at 11:23, "Kempff, Malte" <Malte.Kempff@de.equens.com> wrote:
>
> Hi to all,
> I used to use Derby as embedded data base. Right now I‘d like to use it as Server.
> When I start the server (on my own mashine right now) by using startNetworkServer.bat,
> I got a warning that there is no acess on c:\derby.log.
> After researching on that I understood, that it would be great to give the derby.system.home.
I also read about derby.proerties file, where obviously properties are stored. Of course you
can give derby.system.home right on the start using –Dprops-name, but if I just like to
use the startNetworkServer.bat how I do that there? In that File I saw something like DERBY_OPTS
and DERBY_CMD_LINE_ARGS as variables But where not really able to see where the OPTS are supposed
to be set (assuming/guessing) that here java-Properties are to be set) A Listing of DERBY_CMD_LINE_ARGS
I could not find either.

> So using that startNetworkServer.bat what is the best/correct way to provide derby.system.home
property?

> Thank for Help in advance
>
> Malte
Disclaimer: The contents of this electronic mail message are only binding upon Equens or its
affiliates, if the contents of the message are accompanied by a lawfully recognised type of
signature. The contents of this electronic mail message are privileged and confidential and
are intended only for use by the addressee. If you have received this electronic mail message
by error, please notify the sender and delete the message without taking notices of its content,