db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Paul Linehan <lineh...@tcd.ie>
Subject Re: How to log queries in Apache Derby?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 16:11:16 GMT
Hi Rick (and thanks for your input),

>> java -jar $DERBY_HOME/lib/derbyrun.jar server start
>> or sometimes
>> ./bin/startNetworkServer

> That command line suggests that the current directory of the JVM is
> $DERBY_HOME.

No - I run ./bin/startNetworkServer from $DERBY_HOME.

I can run it from anywhere because I have $DERBY_HOME/bin in my $PATH.

But, what I normally do (now) is the java -jar command below.

> The derby.properties file should live in the current directory,
> according to the instructions here:
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.10/devguide/cdevsetprop13074.html

And indeed it does - I have derby.properties in $DERBY_HOME
(I have removed it from $DERBY_HOME/bin - seems to have no effect anyway).

To recap - I have tried (from $DERBY_HOME)

java -jar -Dderby.system.home=$DERBY_HOME
$DERBY_HOME/lib/derbyrun.jar server start

with various permutations of -Dderby.language.logStatementText=true
and -Dderby.infolog.append=true

I have used the file derby.properties - 1 line
"derby.language.logStatementText=true" (no commas)
on its own, with blank line(s) leading and trailing (that seems to do
something sometimes)
and still no joy for a simple SELECT query which I issue from ij (also
run from $DERBY_HOME).
I run COMMIT after the statement even though it's only a SELECT.

Is there something glaringly obvious that I'm doing incorrectly?

Paul...

--

linehanp@tcd.ie

Mob: 00 353 86 864 5772