db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to log queries in Apache Derby?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 17:49:19 GMT
On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM, Paul Linehan <linehanp@tcd.ie> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> As a further clarification to my last post, the database itself is
> called firstdb and
> sits in a directory pdata, i.e. $DERBY_HOME/pdata/firstdb
>
> My connection string is  'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/pdata/firstdb';
>

> HTH,
>

> Paul...
>

> --
>
> linehanp@tcd.ie
>
> Mob: 00 353 86 864 5772

Hi,

My suggestion is:

First remove / rename all the previously created derby.log files.
Then start your server.

Look for a fresh derby.log file (if not the current dir when you start
networkserver, also check under your home directory) and put the
derby.properties file in *that* directory, then restart...
You may also consider adding the following:
    derby.stream.error.logSeverityLevel=0
    derby.infolog.append=true

HTH
Myrna